Thursday, May 1, 2008

Recap

I can't believe it's Thursday! This week has come and gone so quickly, and left me exhausted!!

Recap: No full names are used in the following to maintain everyone's privacy.

We were in Seattle this last weekend with Travis' family. Five out of the six siblings and their spouses, his parents and some of the grandkids...It was a fun weekend full of activities. We got to see his youngest sister N and her husband, they were up there for a job interview. We stayed with J and her family, while his brother J and his wife hosted mom and dad Gunn. His other sister N, competed in a regional opera competition and won, and will now represent the Northwest in the National competition in Tennessee. Sophia got to co-babysit for the first time,while all the "big people" (sorry, but it won't print the other word) went to watch the competition and she was glad for the pay. We were glad she is not aware of the current going rate!
We got to celebrate grandpa Gunn's birthday on Sunday, and all the kids graced us with a play based on the story of Esther from the Old Testament. It was full of all kinds comedy, bet you didn't know that this particular story had anything funny in it?!? The producer and director, Sophia, took all types of liberties with the script and so did her actors!! All in all the message stayed pretty close to the original...I think!?!

We came back and I was hit with a severe case of spring cleaning fever. I've never had it full blown, but for two and half days I struggled, day to night, to put down my cleaning rag. It's been the worse case of the disease that I've ever had and hope that it won't hit me again anytime soon. It's the most frustrating of all illnesses, because as soon as you have cleaned someone comes to undo what you've worked so hard to do. By the end you are physically and mentally spent! Don't wish it on anyone!! By the way, no one else got sick with it, just me.