Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Weekend



We just got back from Vancouver.

You might think that we are rich, with the gas prices the way they are and our coming back and forth. The truth is that we save during the week for the weekends. Travis carpools to work with some environmentally savvy folks and I do what a lot of stay-at-home moms do...stay at home.

He had an interview this past Friday with the Vancouver School District for a position that they don't have, but hope to have this coming school year. He would be doing the same as in Independence, Family School Liaison. We are pretty excited about this possibility.
Saturday the kids went swimming with dad and grandpa, only to find out that it had been snowing...crazy stuff!! Travis' mom and I went to the Tulip Festival in nearby Woodland. Took a few pics, walked around a bit and headed back home. The tulip farmers kept sending these sonic booms up into the clouds so that the hale that was falling would turn to snow and not damage the tulips. I was all very pretty none the less. We had a great time visiting and even enjoyed a great performance by a friend of Travis' parents. He sang "If I Were a Rich Man" from Fiddler on the Roof, which he performed some ten years before. We'd watched the movie with our kids and they loved it, so thus the special performance. Lorenzo goes around singing that song and shaking, so it was fun.