Thursday, May 15, 2008

The Cost of Art


Natalia just came up to me, "If you don't let me go to school tomorrow....OK fine here!" and handed me a coloring page that she filled in, sign it and gave it back. It took me a minute to figure out that she was trying to make a deal in turn for art that I didn't know existed.

This wasn't the first time that she has put a price on her art.
Last time it was $7 for a picture of a flower, when I informed her that I didn't have that much cash on hand, she lowered the price to a $1...
"Sorry no money!"
So Samuel suggested that she write $.01 on it.
"Oh, I have a penny!" I said.
After she realized the ridiculous price she had just given her art, Samuel pulled out a penny from his pocket and said, "I'll buy it for you mom."
And off she went with her penny and I got my art. I remember when kids use to just hand you these things hand over fist for free!!