Ok. So I did say that I do not enjoy cooking, yet in the last few weeks I have actually found a joy in making some things the old fashion way, from scratch, thanks to my mixer and food storage. Like I've said before, we have been acquiring some food storage. In the process of finding out what to make with it I have brought my self to making bread...both wheat and french, and even my own granola cereal!
During this time my kids have come to realize the fruits of hard work come at a price. For me!
I mentioned that I made my own granola cereal- all the people in the following story have been warned that they were going to be blogged about, so here I go.
This morning we were eating cereal for breakfast. Samuel and I had a bowl of the homemade stuff as everyone else chose their poison. I found a couple of head hairs in my cereal and decided they must have gotten there from use -- it's a wide mouth container and there was just a little bit left. While eating, Sam, started finding hairs in his and I found a blade of grass in mine?!? So I decided to ask the question of all questions...
"Did someone drop the cereal and put it back in the container?" After looking around and seeing the face of the culprit I could answer it myself.
The excuse for the gross deed was, "You worked so hard I didn't want to waste it! And it's Samuels favorite cereal."
Samuel, disgusted, threw the rest of his away. I was almost done so I figure, oh well. Then my curiosity led me to another question, "What did you use to pick it up?"
"The broom."
"AHHH. Did you use the dust pan too?!?"
"No, Natalia did."
Natalia, " She told me too and then she told me not to say anything."
"Yuck! Disgusting! I can't believe that you guys are watching us eat this when you know what's happened!"
Samuel, "She's twelve years old! Who picks up cereal off the floor with a broom and a dust pan and puts it back into the container?"
Me, "Someone who is not thinking straight!"
Sam, "She thinks squiggly."
By the way the culprit seems to think it's not fair that her name was left out, I personally wouldn't even want the story to be retold...Sophia!
