Our kids have been settling into their new lives.
Sophia has found a few friends that she can hang with at school and at church. She found someone to replace the empty spot in heart left by CJ...his name also start with a C. She has also been learning the tough lessons of middle school...what a bunch of emotional kids!!!! How does anyone survive those years of life?!? In any case, she's holding on and actually enjoying life as much as she can. She has joined an inter mural soccer team at school and so has the opportunity to play a bit.
Samuel has really enjoyed his new school. Sacajawea Elementary, the same school that Travis attended when he was growing up. Last Friday he did a seven mile hike with his dad. They hiked three and a half miles up to their camping spot and had to hold on to a cable part of the way there. The cable guided them the last hour of darkness and kept them from falling to a precipice on the other side! They sang "Hold to the Rod" and had some really neat experiences. They camped overnight while it rained outside, but were able to stay warm and dry during the night.
Natalia is also liking her new school. Her first grade room is the same room that Travis had when he was in first grade. She thinks that's pretty cool. She is also making some good little friends at school and church. She's a happy with an insatiable appetite. If you've seen her you wouldn't think she eats at all, but she can pack it. She's also very sweet. While my parents were here, my mom-- who is obsessed with plants--was collecting seeds of every kind. weeks since then, Natalia has been saving seeds from anything she eats for her grandma V. Isn't it sweet?
Lorenzo has started a little preschool program with his grandma G. She comes over three times a week and does letters with him and some little activity. He loves it and looks forward to it! He is as funny as ever and I wish I could capture his little sense of humor. To tell you that we went to the store the other day where he produced a dollar out of his pocket. He said it was his and I didn't ask any questions. In the van on our way home the kids start to say that he found it in the store. I asked him why he told me that it was his, his reply..."I didn't know what it said. I don't know how to read yet, so I didn't know how to read it!"
Mom, "Lorenzo turn the tv off, that's enough tv."
Lorenzo, "But mom, tv is so important to me that I don't want to stop watching!"
He is turning 5 years old on tuesday and I can't believe that my little guy is growing up!
Travis and I are doing fine just trying to catch up with all that is going on.
