Thanks to my Sister-in-law, Danielle, I have decided to jump into the blog circle. So here I go....
We are currently living in a small town in central Washington called Zillah...don't worry even people here don't know where to find it. There are more wineries and cattle ranching than there are people, but the people that are here are very sweet and genuine. It is an eternity south of Yakima, and another eternity north of the Tri-cities. Even though we have really gotten to like our friends and all, we have the need to move on.
Vancouver, Washington is our next camping site...for more than a few months I hope! The kids go from being excited to being disappointed, depending on their school day.
Sophia has entered the JR High phase. She is taller than I am, by about 1/2 inch, but enough to say she is taller. She has a crush on a boy from school who seems to be the topic of all conversation. "CJ! CJ! CJ!!!!", but we are happy that she is sharing with us. Besides CJ, her other obsession is Little House on the Prairie (or LHOTP). It's like keeping up with a soap opera for her, and I'm just glad that its something other than the garbage you find on TV now a days. She loves to sing and is taking piano lessons. She misses playing soccer, since the only league here plays 8-12 year olds together. There is a huge difference in size and it's quite the intimidating thing whether you are the smaller or the bigger one. So that is one of the things that we are looking forward to in Vancouver. She has also gotten into the series by Stephenie Meyers and is anxious for the next book.
Samuel is a little brainiac. He loves building anything...k'nex, Legos, bionicles, and can sit there for hours. He has also gotten into the bad habit of repeating all our sarcasm to the other kids...he gets it. He has a little neighbor boy that comes over every single day to see if Samuel can play with him. Samuel is 9 and this boy is 5 or 6, but is just as tall as Samuel. Samuel thought that his friend was a "special" boy until he found out that he is just a tall kindergartener!
Natalia is in kindergarten and is really doing great. She loves to make friends and have drama in her life. Yesterday was dress-up as you favorite profession day and she couldn't figure out how to dress-up like a teacher. after several ideas and many moments in tears, for both of us, I finally convinced her that it wasn't required! She is sweet in a high maintenance kind of way. She really enjoys riding a two wheeler and sassing her older sis!
Before I continue, after watching LHOTP, Sophie and Natalia have attempted to act as if they were blind. One by bumping into everything in our apartment and the other by holding me by the elbow at the Dr. office. Go Figure! It keeps their natural acting skills going.
And then there is Lorenzo!!! Where do I even start!! He is the most adorable four year old without two front teeth that I know of. He and I are at-home-pals. He loves to father everyone around. Just this week we were coming back from picking up the kids from school, when he notice the neighbor boy B, hagging off of one of the small trees in our complex. We were coming in the door when I heard him yell to the boy, "B get off that tree, you not apposed to be up there!" Mind you, Travis has told our boys to stay off the trees because they are too small and will break. I turned to him "Renzo, stop! You're not his dad." His responce was "but mom, he's too liddle to be out there by his self." thus the fathering everyone around him. He is a very sensitive boy! He loves to giggle and laugh and I love that!
I promise that I will try to keep my entries down to a minimum next time, but for now my long awaited novel will do! We love you and miss everyone of you and hope this gives you a glimpse into our goings on.
